This Weeks Meal Plan

This is for my Aunt Diane.
On FB she said she wanted lessons on how I do my meal planning...

Well, this week, this is my meal plan:

SUNDAY (today, already happened!) 

CROCK POT BBQ CHICKEN
(This is NOT my recipe. I got it from a crock pot site, though I don't have the link right now.)

4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast 
(I only used 3 and they were frozen when I threw them in the pot)
1 bottle BBQ Sauce 
(I used STUBBS spicy sauce. It was a little too spicy for my taste, so might have to try something else next time)
1/4 cup vinegar
(Honestly, this is all I could taste so may skip the vinegar next time!)
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp garlic powder 

Mix BBQ sauce with all ingredients listed below it.
Place chicken in crock pot (4 quart)
Pour sauce over it.
Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.

I also made Mac N Cheese from the box with this. It gave us a filler side and something the baby would actual eat!


MONDAY - Carne Asada Soft Tacos

Now, I am a great big fan of cheating.
(FOOD WISE PEOPLE, FOOD WISE!)

I am going to use this for my meat:

I get it at Wal-Mart. You can do a search online with your local Wal-Mart selected to see if they supply it.  I do a search for JOHN SOULS and it is the Carne Asada meat. LOVE IT!
I have to drive to the big city to get mine at a Super Wal-Mart. They used to carry a BIG bag at Sam's Club, but have since stopped (really made me IRRITATED!!!)

So, other than my meat, I have to make sure I have:
Jalapenos 
Onion
Tomato
Lettuce
Tortillas 
Lemon Juice
Cumin
Garlic Salt

I add garlic salt to the meat while frying. All the meat takes is 7 minutes in a skillet to be done.
I make my own pico. I finely dice the jalopeno, onion, and tomato. I add a dash of cumin and garlic salt to the top and then put about 2 tbs Lemon Juice and mix.


TUESDAY - BLT
Pretty Easy meal.
Shopping List:
Bread
Tomato
Lettuce
Bacon
Mayo

We will probably have some chips with this.


WEDNESDAY - Breakfast Burritos
Shopping List:
Sausage
Potato (it is up to you how many you add. We just do one large)
Diced Green Chili (4 oz can)
Tortillas (which I probably already have from MONDAY's list)
Items for Pico (I made on Monday for Soft Taco's so won't have to make again)

- clean up potato and put in a ziplock bag. Microwave 4 minutes for each potato.
(I usually do this a few hours before dinner so the potato is cool enough for me to cut up)
- Fry the sausage and drain most of the grease, if not all.
- While cooking sausage, cube potatoes
When sausage is done, add potatoes and green chili
- Continue to cook until potatoes are hot.
WE don't like to add egg this late in the day, but that is up to you!
Put in tortilla.


THURSDAY - Roast
Will need to thaw a roast from my freezer on Wednesday Night...
Shopping List:
Roast
Brown Gravy Mix (x2)
Dry Ranch Dressing
Dry Italian Dressing
Potato
Baby Carrots

To Cook:
Put Roast in Crock Pot (4 quart)
Mix Brown gravy, Ranch & Italian dressings with 2-3 cups water (do not go more than 4)
Pour over roast.
Cook on LOW 6-8 hours.
Put cubed potato and baby carrots in about 45 minutes before roast is done.

Serve.

FRIDAY - 
I haven't gotten this far. We are actually at the end of the month, so I haven't sat down to work on my next month of meals...
PLUS, it is a Friday... I will probably tell Chris I am making something he hates, so he just might decide to take me out to eat!!!
He is very busy right now, so probably not, but it is an idea!

Here is a picture of my month of July's Calendar:
I did switch up a few days there, but kept to my schedule for the most part. I had almost the whole month planned out before July even started!

This makes it so much easier for me. I hate trying to figure out what to make each day. If I don't know what I am making that night, I would cook the same thing every night, or just make pizza!

Hope this helps.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Rachel,

You are AWESOME! Thanks so much for doing this for me. I always drool when I see what you're having for dinner. Wish you lived just next door - I could learn so much from you.

I love you!

Dianne

Marilyn Nimmo said...

Thanks for sharing this. LOVE it!

farmhouse-story said...

now i'm hungry:) it all looks great, rachel!