Crock Pot Sunday

Okay, so I am finally ready to share with you my Mother-In-Law's recipe for her French Dip Brisket.

SO YUMMY!

Ingredients: 
Celery Salt
Onion Salt
Garlic Powder (or salt, but I prefer to use powder since already using two salts)
Liquid Smoke
3-4 lb Brisket


Now, when my MIL makes this dish, she is usually feeding an army, so she will double the size of the brisket and use two bottles of the liquid smoke.

Because the slab of meat is usually pretty large, I take a trash bag (big kitchen trash bag and my MIL taught me this too!) and put the meat inside it. I sprinkle all the dry ingredients on the meat. Don't need a ton, but enough to have each one sprinkled on the entire surface.

Now add the liquid smoke onto the meat. Throw into fridge overnight to marinade. 
*Tie the bag closed first to make sure the liquid doesn't leak all over your fridge!

Put 3-4 lb brisket in a 4 quart crock pot and add water to cover meat. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.

I usually start this in the morning and then forget about it until it is time to eat!

We eat this on hoagie style buns and dip in the liquid for a french dip that actually has flavor! 


One of my FAVORITE dishes! So easy to make, takes very little time to do, and turns out fabulous every time.  Only thing is you have to decide the day before that you want it so you can let it marinade in the ingredients. 

Oh, and if you are in the house while this cooks, be prepared to be starving ALL day long because it smells SOOOO good while cooking it makes your tummy want it NOW!

It is a killer when staying at my MIL's house before a big get together because she will cook it all night... and it has woken me up in the middle of the night wanting to go eat because it smells so good! 

TORTURE!!!

If you make this recipe, or any I have shared, let me know how they turn out. I hope they turn out just as yummy for you as they did for me!

1 comment:

Carpenters' said...

did you use the brisket I sent you?