Growing In Unity 2016 - Day FOUR

Hey, Hey. Today is my Birthday!


Little secret - I don't share cake! LOL





Did you know that by COMMENTING on my posts during this week, you could win some Unity? So, make sure to comment on my GROWING IN UNITY posts and Two Lucky people who leave a comment will get to have some awesome stamps shipped to them for free!!!!

You can shop Unity Stamps
You can read the company blog
HERE

So, once again, I have a Christmas card for you! I love this Christmas Tree stamp. Last year, I had my Christmas cards all planned out in my head… and then Unity released one of the Kit of the Months with this BEAUTIFUL stamp in it! So then I had to make ALL my Christmas cards with that stamp!

This stamp came in this kit:

And, because it is such a beautiful image, I have to use it again. Just because!



I stamped this image, and wasn’t 100% thrilled with how it stamped. My ink just didn’t cover as good as I would have preferred on this image. But instead of trashing it… I added water to my image and spread around the green ink and made a water colored look to it. 

What do you think?

Here is last years card with this image:



20 comments:

Becca Yahrling said...

I love the water color look. It's something I'd love to do a lot more of.

Becca Yahrling said...

And hope you have a very Happy and special birthday!! :-)

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!!! Great card!

Vannessa said...

Very nice card :) Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!!!

Cmo22 said...

Love it! Very simple...my kind of card.

Marcy H. said...

I like this look on this card!! Happy birthday to you!!

Helen Gullett said...

Fabulous cards with the tree!

ionabunny said...

Happy Birthday. Great tree. Hugz

Ruby said...

Lovely cards.

Unknown said...

That was a good idea to make it into a watercolor effect. Happy Happy Birthday!!

Carlypool said...

Happy Birthday to you! That's so funny, during my week, last week was a couple weeks after my birthday! So funny! I hope you get to celebrate and do something fun!
I do love Christmas and this tree is just darling! Great job and I sure enjoyed your creations this week, can't wait to see what's on Friday!!!

alo said...

Happy Birthday! love the watercolor! Great card!

Sunstamper said...

Happy Birthday! I love how you "saved" the image with water. It is beautiful!

Chris in CT said...

Happy Birthday! Love these!

Sue D said...

I like how you saved this by adding water--very pretty effect.

sharon g said...

The green wooden planks on the first one look so perfect with the tree. I'd like to make this same card for Christmas---I need some simple ideas.
Happy birthday!

Karenladd said...

Happy happy birthday to you...even if you don't share your cake!! These Christmas cards are so pretty and a sweet traditional look. I really like the soft watercolored look on your current card and the wood background is gorgeous!

Brittany M. said...

Happy birthday!!!!!!! It's like a double happy celebration day when you post Christmas trees too, ha ha! I love love love the watercolor with this image!

Linda Simmons said...

I like it very much. Sometimes the things we think we mess up on, turns out to be one of the better ones.

Denise Bryant said...

Love that beautiful tree! Pretty cards! The water color look was a great save of the card that didn't ink up well... looks like you intended it!