I made these for Hunter's Pre-K class.
I made them for the morning class too... so 31 students (plus a few extra for teachers and just in case)...
That makes a whopping 36 toppers, 72 cookies, and a big pain in my rump because I decided to try stamping on the cookies. (got this brilliant idea here)
I used Unity's the "Boo" Crew set for the toppers, along with a clear stamp set I got at Wal-Mart for $0.97! I recommend using clear acrylic stamps to stamp the cookies because you need to see what is being stamped. I tried using the Unity stamps on the cookies, but couldn't get a good enough image.
AND the frosting... don't get me started! I finally called my friend in town here, and she made me some Royal Frosting. I believe she did about 4 cups sifted powdered sugar, 6 tablespoons water, and some meringue powder... but couldn't tell you how much, I think maybe 2 tablespoons!
Once I got the frosting home, I watered it down a little, put it in a frosters bag, and frosted the cookies. I allowed the frosting to set over night... THEN, in the morning, I used gel food coloring. I painted that on the stamps and stamped them on the cookies...
I let the food coloring dry for a couple hours before bagging up the cookies.
Hope you enjoyed my Halloween project... I hope I never find any bright ideas for Hunter's class again!