My Creative Juices are Flowing!

Since my mom was here for a few days and we did get some creativity out, I thought I would show you what we did.

MY ROOM:
The before picture I took is on my mom's camera so I don't have that to share just yet... but if you look at the bottom of the paneling, that dark brown color used to be the color of the entire wall. It made my scrap area/ family room very dark and dungeon like. I really didn't like it before, but since I taped it off, painted the top layer (2 coats base, 1 coat Honey White), added molding... I LOVE IT! It is so bright and happy now! I also bought new curtains to add to the happy colors. (sorry about the shadow in the picture...forgot to use the flash!) I only took a couple of pictures... ya know, of the areas that aren't still covered in stuff that hasn't been put away in it's new home!
What do you think?

Now how about a card creation?

Here is ONE of the cards that my mom and me put together while she was here:
STUFF I USED:
Stamps: {Unity} December KOM "Delightful Moments"
Ink: SU Basic Black
Paper: My Minds Eye, Georgia Pacific
Accessories/Tools: Buttons

3 comments:

Tazza said...

Love the stamp you used for the card! I want it ! LOL...
The paint job looks great, I can certainly appreciate all the work that went into that!

Unknown said...

great new room ;)
and love the card!

Stamp and Smile said...

AWWW, what a great paint job... and I bet it did take that many coats to cover the dark!! I like how you kept the dark trim by the ceiling too! The lower trim is FAB Rachel!

Your card is "SO" cute that you and your mom created! Love the paper piecing on the balloon. Keep warm... I'm so chilled to the bone. I'm off to the sofa now with a cup of Chai Tea and fuzzy blanket to cuttle up with... then to read my Paper Craft's... also the New SU! mini catty! Drooling time!