Anything But A Card!

At church we are having 2 people baptized on Friday and will soon be new members. The Young Women wanted to give them something to say "Welcome", so of course, since I am the craft me, I was asked to make some welcome cards...
Well, a while ago we made some "scripture" bags and put some inspirational stuff in them and delivered them to less active members. When we did this, I made some 3x3 cards to go with the bags that said "Friends" with a image from SU Smorgasborders. I also made a few for upcoming Young Women that say "Welcome." I decided that those little cards ~ since we haven't been utilizing them anywhere else ~ would work just fine. I also thought it would be a good idea to make a little box with a candy or two for the new members.
I guess since I have to make the goodie boxes for the Mother's Day treats, I am on a box kick right now! So this is what I came up with:This also works for the High Hopes Stamps Challenge #28 this week since the challenge is to do anything BUT a card! Amy (a HHS "Diva" came up with this idea "think outside the card"! So basically get creative but NO cards!) I made two little boxes since there will be two new members! I saw the info for these boxes at SplitCoastStampers the other day and had to try them. You can view the box directions here. The instructions at SCS was to make the box with a 12x12 sheet of cardstock, but after making one that size, I thought a little one would be cute and so started out with a 6x6 sheet of paper. They turned out really cute this size.
I also made one of these boxes for my friend Lacee, and this is what her box looked like:
It had the same sentiment, but I did this one first and so it doesn't have as much of "ME" as the other two!
STUFF I USED FOR THESE NON-CARDS!
INK: SU yellow, pigment ink brown, SU basic black
STAMPS: Verve Little Star
ACCESSORIES: ribbon, twill, deminsionals
PAPER: #1 DigiPaper, #2 Scraps, #3 Best Occasions Punch-Out Pack

1 comment:

Lynne in NI said...

These are gorgeous!
What lovely gifts for your new members ... I'm sure they will be delighted with them!